Friday, February 18, 2011

Nacho Libro

pre-blog reading, please listen to Yearn by Shane & Shane.. the song is incredible.

I am eternally GRATEFUL that the Lord drew me to Himself at such a young age, 7. I am eternally grateful that my parents woke me up every single Sunday morning that I can remember. I am eternally grateful that my God is so good to look upon me, regardless of my mistakes and entirely imperfect living. I am also overwhelmingly burdened. I am so burdened for the family members of mine who don't know Jesus (I don't want to say names but those close to me know that I am praying for one specific person daily). My heart hurts for the children in my school, the precious 6th, 7th and 8th graders that I have absolutely fallen in love with, who don't know Jesus. I am burdened for people who will hear the gospel for the first time this year, but will still reject it. But I am so so burdened for people who will never even hear the name of Jesus in their lifetime. wow. Just typing this makes me cry.

My God is so big, and I am so small. Incomparably small. Insignificant. Cursed and damned apart from His amazing grace. How am I making a difference for His kingdom? My heart hurts for people who don't know Jesus, and we have got to get the gospel, the LIVING Word of God, to all of the people that He created. Not just those in the Bible belt, or those in my neighborhood, but everywhere. By rejecting this task, I would pretty much be saying this is my book, not yours, or nacho libro (spanish for book, hah).

I want this book (that I'm holding.. NIV translation), to belong to more than just me. I want to get it out as fast and far as I can. Continue praying with me this week about where the Lord will send us. We are His vessels.
How can they call on him unless they believe in him? How can they believe in him unless thy hear about him? How can they hear about him unless someone preaches to them? And how can anyone preach without being sent?
Romans 10:14-15

I'm with Paul on this one.. Let's pray, in faith, just like Paul- Romans 10:1:
"...the longing of my heart and my prayer to God is for the people of Israel [and Peruvian villagers and Mali, Africans...etc] to be saved."
This is my prayer this week. Let it be yours too. Let's see what God will do when we pray in faith and beg Him to come save this lost world!

No comments:

Post a Comment