Monday, March 7, 2011

Easy to say, hard (as heck) to pray!

First things first, please listen to this song!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx5Ne60CbBw
SO much truth to these lyrics!

... at the sound of His Great NAME.

Some of the overwhelming thoughts I have had lately include not knowing where I am going.. ( I am mostly referring to work). I really don't know where the Lord is going to lead me, but I have learned to respond "I will follow.." Job security STINKS right now, so if the Lord leads me elsewhere, I will follow. If I am called to go overseas with orphans this summer (this has been heavy on my heart lately) and have to miss out on some summer bonus money, I will follow. If the Lord takes keeps me at the middle school I am working in now, I will follow. It's so easy to say, but so hard to pray! I like knowing where I'm going at all times, because I like to follow a list, an organized schedule for my life, but when we decided to follow Jesus, we made a life-long commitment to follow wherever he leads. In our weakest times, He carries us.

The bottom line is that he has blessed my beyond MEASURE! I have an overwhelming joy and peace about everything in my life right now, just knowing that I am resting in Him!

"..our Savior, defender, You are my King"

No comments:

Post a Comment